Thursday, June 30, 2016

Uff Da! (Summer - Day 43)


Uff Da, is right. My summer is half over! Drat you, time. Why must you fly whilst I am having fun?

This morning (June 29th) I dreamed that the girls were rock climbing in a ravine. Mackenzie fell and injured her ankle, so I tried to help her climb to safety. I'm sure this was all connected to our driving misadventures.



What did I do today?

  • Tinkered with the Radio Play
  • Took Mom to her doctor's appointment
  • Went to Boom Town and purchased way too many fire works
  • Took the scenic route home -- which happened to pass by my mom's boyfriend's house
  • visited The Uff Da shop in Stanwood (My mom has lived on Camano Island for decades, and this is the first time I've been in this little gift shop)
  • We visited my sister and her kids
  • The whole family dined at a Mexican restaurant. Jill picked up the tab despite my attempt to pay the bill.
Read another chapter of Stephen King. I tried to stay up past 11pm, just so the dogs could have more time outside their kennels. But by 11:15 I started falling asleep on the couch. Poor Emily was in her sleeping bag, when she was awakened by a giant horsefly. She even screamed and cried at one point. Mack, thinking her sister was having a bad dream, just said "shh, it's okay, go back to sleep." Needless to say, Emily moved out to the living room. The giant horsefly is currently at large. 

No comments:

Post a Comment