Sunday, June 19, 2016

Shopping for Cheri (Summer - Day 32)

Emily has been gathering a lot of neat birthday gifts for Cheri. (Her b-day is tomorrow! She'll be 52!)

We went to LUSH and Bath and Body Works. And the other day we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. See a trend here? One of the cool gifts which she purchased was a throw blanket with a USC logo.

Most of my shopping for Cheri has been online. I'm getting her the film version of Hello Dolly, available on Amazon, and then a bunch of Broadway soundtrack on iTunes:


  • Finding Neverland
  • Jane Eyre: the Musical
  • Kinky Boots
  • Into the Woods
  • and Pink Floyd's The Wall -- not show tunes, but close... 

Today was another day of bringing the girls back and forth to the theater. They had a matinee and an evening performance. Cheri was still under the weather, so she stayed home and rested. The girls and I went to In-N-Out between performances. 

Oh, I forgot, I actually did something mildly productive today. Several board members and TimBen have been reorganizing the space behind the theater. Takes an enormous amount of work -- and I showed up to help for a short amount of time. Only from 10 am until 1pm... most the other guys started at 7 am! They are truly dedicated. The unseen, driving force behind our community theater. 

The sun was hating on us by 11am, too. When we took a break, I grabbed a coke, and it was probably the best sip of Coca-Cola I ever recall drinking.  

In the evening, while the kids were working at Hello Dolly, Cheri and I indulged in a couple episodes of Game of Thrones. I'm seven episodes in and I'm just starting to notice... This show is kinda violent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment