Saturday, July 23, 2016

Off to Space Camp! (Summer - Day 66)

My eldest daughter went on her first unaccompanied solo plane ride. She is traveling to Huntsville, Alabama and will be an astronaut-in-training for the next two weeks. We are going to miss her!!!

I didn't write anything worth while today. I'm kinda stuck on the chapter book, which is lame since it should just be short, fun, and silly.

Because Mackenzie didn't leave until late this evening, I was distracted all day -- couldn't really concentrate on creative writif, at least that's my excuse.

One of Cheri's friends from high school came out to take Senior Year photos of Kenzie. We went to a Camano Island beach which we had never been to before. The day was cloudy, much more dismal than yesterday, but after the photoshoot was done, a beautiful rainbow appeared. It figures.

The ride to the airport was bittersweet because it made me think of what it will be like when she goes away to college.

And now it's time to sing:

"And the cat's in the cradle with the silver spoon! Little boy blue and the man in the moon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment