Sunday, July 17, 2016

Who You Gonna Call? (Summer - Day 59)

Cheri and I woke up around 8ish. We went to the Barnum Point Inn. The girls were already making their own breakfast. (That's how they roll at this B&B). Mom, the girls, Cheri and I walked up and down the coast. More Bald Eagles at which to gaze. We left the Inn glad to have accomplished a long held day dream. This place will be turned into a nature preserve in the very near future, and there's a good chance the Barnum house will be torn down. So, this might have been our last chance to visit this place.

At Mom's house, I spent the rest of the day reading a new book -- actually it's an old book. I found a collection of Stephen King's Bachman novels for only 55 cents at a second hand store in Stanwood! I also packed for tomorrow's trip to Cle Elum. There's a family reunion (on my mom's side) happening over the next couple of days.

Oh, and since it was July 15th, the girls and I watched the new GHOSTBUSTERS movie. Very fun. An enjoyable reboot -- though I'm not pleased with reboots in general. I was happy all of the haters have been wrong. (At the very least, this is far better than GB2).

We watched it at the Stanwood cinemas -- my third time watching a show here... I wish this little movie house was better loved. It reminds me of the run-down Lynnwood Fourplex from the days of Yore. The Ghostbusters standee had several holes punched into it... showing you the troll mentality of today's movie going public. I can't help but think that it reveals an misogynistic undercurrent. As a father of two strong, intelligent women, I am glad there's a new comedy out there that's showing female characters who love science and adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment