Monday, January 19, 2015

Day #14: Camp Omigosh Kickstarter Perks?

My friend and fellow author Laurisa White Reyes launched her own publishing company in 2014. We had been discussing how some professional novelists (like ourselves) have wonderful projects that might not be marketable enough to find a home, even though they deserve to be read. Laurisa took this idea and full-on ran with it, and the result is a small publishing powerhouse that is headed for greatness.

(It's called Skyrocket Press - check it out!) 

Last month, I approached her with the idea to help me bring Camp Omigosh to life. I am so grateful that she has agreed to read the book -- and I have my fingers crossed that she falls in love with this quirky middle grade adventure. If she does then we'll proceed with a kickstarter campaign to help pay for editing, marketing, and publishing expenses.

She asked me what kinds of goodies should be offered at the various levels. So far we have talked about the typical items:

Posters
T-Shirts
Bookmarks
Hats
Coffee Mugs

But I'm trying to think of things that are a bit more unique. Maybe things that you would find at camp? Duct Tape Wallets? Friendship Bracelets? Arts and Craft Stuff? What else does one make at summer camp?

I'm also wondering if people would be interested in sponsoring school visits. Oh, and of course we can give copies of the books as well as copies of Omigosh play from Eldridge publishing. Please let me know if you have any ideas about what you'd like to have on the Kickstarter Goodie list.

Challenge Total: $118.62

No comments:

Post a Comment