Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day #6: Hooray for Royalty Checks

Ooh, I wish that Play Royalties were part of this $20,000 challenge. I might have a better shot at this! Today I received a royalty check for the past six months, and it was over $4000. That's not bad, right? I never get tired of getting paid to write. Every check is a little dream come true.

However, as I stated before about 20% of my yearly income is generated by my plays for schools and theaters. That income is already an integral part of our family budget. So that's why the money for this $20,000 challenge needs to come from other sources.

At the same time, I still need to work develop my new plays and advertise my old ones. I want to keep this creative revenue strong.

Today's focus has been on a new full-length comedy, a brand new adaptation of The Three Musketeers. I'm going to direct the world premiere production at the Canyon Theatre Guild -- but I am also hoping that it will be published as well. Tonight, I will be submitting the play to a couple publishing companies. Hopefully, before the end of 2015 it will be in print!

Challenge Total: $76.82

No comments:

Post a Comment